How Much Does It Cost to Have A Personal Injury Attorney Help After A Car Accident?
A frequent misconception we hear about having a personal injury attorney involved after a car accident is the belief that an attorney will take all the money, leaving you with a completed case but nothing else. The personal injury attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Des Moines, Washington want to help clear up this misconception. Most personal injury attorneys work on what is called a contingency fee basis – meaning they only get paid if and when you win your case. The standard fee when the case is won and closed is one-third of the settlement amount. There are no hidden fees and no up-front costs.
What is the advantage to having an experienced attorney working by your side? Through years of experience, Ritchie Reiersen Law has seen that the settlement figures offered are larger when an attorney is involved. Often an insurance company will offer an early settlement when working with an individual. While most people will consider this a personal win, we have found that this is the insurance company’s way of quickly settling for a minimal amount – often before the injured person even knows the full extent of their injuries. Having a car accident attorney helping with your case usually means that you get a higher settlement, with less work and frustration on your part. Our goal is to do the work, allowing you time to rest and focus on healing.
If you have been in a car accident in the Des Moines, Washington area and wonder how an experienced auto accident attorney can help you, call Ritchie Reiersen Law today at.
We offer a complimentary consultation and won’t pressure you. We know the time right after a car accident can be stressful and full of challenges. Our goal is to help you understand your options under the law and to feel empowered to make the best choice for your life and your future. Call us today to see how we can support you in this process.
Ritchie Reiersen Law – Personal Injury Attorneys in Des Moines, WA
Have you been injured and you’re not sure where to turn? At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we feel it is important that you feel comfortable with the attorney who will help you. That is why we offer a free, no-obligation consultation. We know each story and experience is as unique as the individual telling it.
Our goal is to treat each person with the compassion and respect they deserve, from the moment we first meet through the successful handling and closing of your claim. If you have received an injury due to the negligent actions of another, call us today.
With years of successfully representing thousands of clients, the auto accident attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Des Moines know how to keep your needs the central focus of all negotiations. We have helped clients recover over $25 million in settlements for injuries they have received due to the negligence of others. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we are committed to being advocates for our clients and strive to earn your trust through the way we treat you and the dedication we show to your case.
Ritchie Reiersen Auto Accident Lawyers are Experienced In Many Different Types of Car Crash Cases, Including:
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear End Car Accidents
- Drunk Driving Collisions
- Multiple Vehicle Car Crash
- Pedestrian vs. Vehicle Car Accident
- T-bone Auto Accident
- Bicycle vs. Vehicle Collision
- Phantom Car Accident
- Hit and Run Car Crash
- Fatal Auto Accident
- Wrongful Death Car Accident
What Should I Do If I Am Involved In an Auto Accident In King County?
- Take care of yourself. It is imperative that you seek the medical care you need right away for your own wellbeing. This not only helps you in your recovery process, but it also establishes the injuries in medical records as related to the auto accident. This will prohibit the insurance company questioning whether or not your injury is truly caused by the accident.
- Call the police. Having a police report can help determine fault and negligence. We recommend you always get the police involved in an auto accident. Sometimes the at-fault party admits fault to you on the scene, but their story may change. Having a police report can help protect you later in the claims process.
- Take pictures of the vehicles and the accident scene, get statements from witnesses, and never, ever admit fault.
- Inform your insurance company of the accident. Call your insurance carrier, as well as the insurance carrier of the other party, to begin the claims process.
- Get help from an experienced personal injury attorney. With an experienced car accident attorney on your side and fighting for your rights, you are more likely to have a positive experience and a better payout at settlement. The at-fault insurance company is going to want to pay as little as possible, and will use their own attorneys to find ways to diminish or deny the claim.