Why Would I Want to Hire an Attorney After an Auto Accident?
Being in the wrong place at the wrong time and ending up being injured in a car accident is not only scary, it is downright frustrating. As the number of people living and working in Spanaway increases, so does the number of car crashes happening each day.
If you’ve been in a car accident, you probably just want to get the insurance claims worked out and be compensated as quickly as possible. The truth of the matter, however, is that most claims don’t get resolved quickly. There are phone calls to be made, letters to write, medical and police records to compile, and injuries and damages to assess. This can be a big job. Meanwhile, the insurance company for the at-fault driver is trying to protect their bottom line and will use all the options in their playbook to pay the smallest amount possible on the claim, often leading to an early (and low) settlement offer.
Can you handle all of these things on your own and achieve a resolution you will be happy with? At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we will be the first to tell you that not all car accidents require the services of a lawyer. Individuals are, indeed, capable of taking care of insurance claims on their own. With that being said, however, we will also report that history and experience have shown us that the process of filing and resolving a claim after a car accident can be long and drawn out. In addition, the final payout is typically larger when an experienced lawyer is involved in the process than when insurance offers to settle with an individual.
The dedicated auto accident attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Spanaway know that being injured in an accident due to the negligence of others is really tough. Our goal is to help the injured party through the process of filing claims, negotiating with insurance, and ultimately feeling confident in the process and the decisions that are made. We offer a complimentary consultation for this reason – we want you to understand your options and feel empowered to move forward in the direction that you feel is best for your own situation.
We love what we do, and are passionate about protecting the rights of those who have been injured by others. If you’ve been injured in a car accident and would like to speak with one of our compassionate lawyers, call Ritchie Reiersen Law today. The consultation is risk- free, and it may be exactly what you need to feel confident as you work through the recovery process.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me After An Injury?
What can you expect an attorney to do for you in the process of filing and settling a claim for an injury? At Ritchie Reiersen Law in Spanaway, Washington, we think it is important to be transparent about what clients can expect when working with us. Being injured because of the negligence of others is difficult and stressful, and making the decision to work with a lawyer can feel overwhelming. From the initial free consultation through the end of the settlement, you can expect us to:
- Listen to you- We know each story is unique, and with the details you provide we work hard to tailor the case around your needs.
- Collect Evidence- We will gather documents related to your case to help prove the extent of your injuries and the negligence of the at-fault person. This may include, but is not limited to, police reports, witness accounts, and medical files.
- File the claim- This notifies all parties involved that you intend to seek compensation for the pain and damages caused by the negligent behavior of someone else.
- Represent your best interests- The insurance company has lawyers and representatives who are only looking out for their needs; we will be relentless advocates for your needs.
- Seek justice when necessary- If necessary, we will ensure the negligent person is held accountable for their actions in a court of law – for example, in cases of drunk or reckless driving or sexual abuse by an authority figure.
- Seek proper compensation- We have the experience and tools to account for all the ways the injury has impacted your life. We will negotiate on your behalf to get the maximum compensation for you.
We strive to treat all our clients the way we would want our family members to be treated if they were in the same situation. The personal injury attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law are dedicated to work hard on your behalf – allowing you to focus on healing. With years of experience and over $25 million recovered for our clients, you can feel confident that we have your best interests at heart.