How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Placing a number on what one might expect to be compensated for after being injured in an auto accident can be difficult to do. In general we tell our clients that the more severe the injury, the higher they should reasonably expect their compensation amount to be.
When we deal with insurance claims, we talk about damages and compensation for those. “Damages” are broadly contained in two general categories – economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are those that directly cost you – medical bills, property damage, lost wages, loss of earning power, etc. Economic damages are carefully added up and are accompanied by bills, pay stubs, repair estimates, etc. as evidence.
Non-economic damages are significantly harder for people to attach a value to. These include such items as pain and suffering, loss of relationships, scarring and disfigurement, etc.
Personal injury attorneys have the tools and knowledge needed to assign values to non-economic damages on behalf of their clients. When all damages are accounted for, the attorney will approach the insurance company with a list of compensation requests.
At Ritchie Reiersen Law in Touchet, we have individuals ask us why they can’t just take care of the claim on their own. The truth of the matter is that, for small claims and minor injuries, individuals probably can settle their own claim with success.
However, when you start taking into account more serious injuries from car accidents, insurance companies will do all they can to maneuver out of paying for those claims. An experienced personal injury attorney is much more likely to see these maneuvers for what they are and stand up for the rights of the injured party.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person and you aren’t sure if you are getting fair treatment from your insurance company, call Ritchie Reiersen Law today. We offer a free consultation to all prospective clients – this allows you an opportunity to talk to us about your experience and receive honest feedback from us on your case. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, protecting the rights of our clients and getting them proper compensation are our top goals.
Is Having a Personal Injury Attorney Really Worth It?
If you have ever been in a car accident, you know how overwhelming life can be. The personal injury attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Touchet understand that recovery is a process and everything after a car crash can feel like a monumental task. If any of the following apply to you, you would greatly benefit from talking with a personal injury attorney:
- You received an injury in a car accident.
- You have medical bills that need to be paid.
- Your car has been damaged.
- You’ve tried dealing with insurance, but it’s very frustrating.
- You want to make sure you’re getting a fair settlement.
Ritchie Reiersen Law is staffed by local compassionate personal injury attorneys who are dedicated to helping victims of car accidents receive the compensation they deserve for the pain they have endured. We know how frustrating insurance companies try to be – and we are dedicated to negotiating with them on your behalf to save you the stress of that interaction.
While we take care of the paperwork, the phone calls, and the negotiations – you focus on healing. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we strive to empower our clients to have the confidence they need to move forward in their lives, knowing we are giving our best efforts to working on their behalf.
With a free consultation available to all prospective clients, there is no commitment and nothing to lose from talking with us. We will listen to you, answer your questions, and offer you honest feedback on your case. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.
What Is Involved in the Insurance Claims Process After an Auto Accident?
When you find yourself involved in an auto accident due to the negligent actions of another person, it can be a real pain in the neck – literally as well as figuratively. The road ahead can feel stressful and unknown. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we understand there is some comfort in knowing what to expect when you’re in a stressful situation. In general, a car accident claim will contain the following components:
- Settlement offers. Insurance companies have been known to make a settlement offer early in the claims process – this is an effort to pay the least amount possible. Be careful about accepting offers until you have determined they are fair and will cover your injuries. Once an offer is accepted, there is no option to renegotiate if you later determine it was insufficient.
- Recorded statement. The insurance companies will want to interview you to get further details about the accident to help them determine fault. We strongly recommend that an individual only submit to this interview in the presence of their car accident lawyer.
- Opening the claim. This may involve several phone calls, emails, faxing of information, and communicating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Written correspondence. Insurance companies will send out mountains of correspondence and requests for information. Read through these carefully and be mindful about what you sign. Giving insurance companies blanket access to all your medical records, for example, can work against you and may even minimize your settlement.
The experienced auto accident attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law have worked with insurance companies for years and know the tactics they use to decrease payments. We know how to assess for damages and then continue to press for the proper compensation for our clients. We have helped clients recover over $25 million in compensation for the injuries they have received – we know how to get the results our clients need!