Ritchie Reiersen Law – Auto Accident Lawyers
At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we want you to know you don’t have to face an uncertain future alone. Ritchie Reiersen Law personal injury attorneys have offices across the state of Washington in Tacoma, Auburn, Yakima, and Kennewick, and service the entire Seattle area.
We also have an office in Portland, Oregon and have local attorneys who serve the Portland/Vancouver area.
Call us today at (888) 884-7337 to connect with a local car crash attorney for a free consultation.
Injured and Overwhelmed? An Auto Accident Attorney Can Help With That!
The claims process surrounding personal injury car accidents is often complicated and burdensome, especially when you are dealing with the stress of being injured. Having an experienced auto accident attorney makes the process easier. Studies have shown, as well, that settlement offers are significantly higher when you have an attorney at your side.
When you have been hurt due to the negligent driving of another individual, it is important to consult with an experienced auto accident attorney as soon as possible. This will allow you to focus on healing; your attorney will take care of the hard work.
The auto accident attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law want you to know that you don’t have to face the insurance company alone. We are here to stand up for your rights and we will help you receive the compensation you deserve.
We have offices with local lawyers in Portland, Yakima, Kennewick, Tacoma and Auburn for your convenience. Call our personal injury firm at (888) 884-7337 for a free consultation with an experienced accident attorney.
How Can A Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
Ritchie Reiersen Law has experienced personal injury attorneys with knowledge of handling car accident cases. As your car accident lawyer, we handle the medical bills, deal with the insurance companies, and take care of the legal paperwork. Most importantly, we will work hard to ensure you get a fair settlement. The last thing you need after an auto accident is additional stress. Let Ritchie Reiersen Personal Injury and Car Accident Attorneys take care of that for you. Call today for your free consultation with a local personal injury attorney at (888) 884-7337.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I am in an auto accident?
- Call the Police. An official accident report from police can will help establish fault and prove negligence.
- Move your vehicle to the side of the road if possible – for your safety as well as that of the other motorists on the road.
- Get medical care right away, and follow the physician’s orders. Call 911 if necessary
- It is important to remain calm and be mindful of what you say to others.
- Get the other driver’s information. Even if they suggest otherwise, never allow the other car to leave until you have exchanged insurance information with them.
- Never ever admit fault. This could be used against you during the claims process.
- Gather witness information. Witnesses can help corroborate what happened.
- Document the scene and the damage to your vehicle by taking photos.
- Call an experienced personal injury attorney. With years of experience, our auto accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.
What determines who is at fault in an auto accident?
Sometimes the violation of one of the traffic laws is obvious – such as in the case of running a red light and hitting someone – and it is easy to determine the fault. Other situations are not so easy to determine fault, and the laws of negligence will come into play. A driver who is found to be acting negligent (acting in a thoughtless or careless manner) will be assigned at least some of the fault for the accident.
If my car is rear-ended in a crash, can I be found liable?
To help with a rear-end accident claim, take photos of the damage of both vehicles. If the back of your vehicle and the front of the other vehicle are damaged, that shows that the other driver would be at fault for hitting your vehicle.
There are extreme cases where the car being rear ended could be found to be negligent, but those cases are much more.
Is a driver who is turning left always the one who is found to be at-fault in a collision?
- If the car coming straight towards the car turning was exceeding the speed limit, but this is very difficult to prove
- If the car going straight ran through a red light and the turning car had a green light
- If the car turning left started the turn when it was clear and safe to do so, but something unexpected caused them to slow down or stop turning
Since the law states that a driver should not attempt to turn into oncoming traffic unless it can safely complete the turn, the liability in this type of collision will almost always be placed upon the left-turn driver.
What happens when multiple drivers are injured in the crash, and both are found to be at-fault?
For example, let’s say John and Susan are both drivers in a collision. The police determine that John is 20% at-fault and Susan is 80% at fault. In Washington, which uses a pure comparative negligence rule, Susan may recover 20% of the damages as that was how much John was determined to be liable for. John, on the other hand, will be able to recover 80% of his damages from Susan.
With the same situation happening in Oregon, John can recover 80% of the damages against Susan. Susan, however, cannot recover any damages because John is not over that 49% threshold for fault.
Because of the nuances in determining fault and liability, having an experienced auto accident attorney on your team can make a huge difference in the outcome of your claim.
How much will it cost to hire an auto accident attorney?
With a contingency fee, the attorney knows that he isn’t going to get paid unless your case is settled to your satisfaction. This gives the attorney extra incentive to work hard and ensure you receive the highest reasonable settlement figure. In this type of billing situation, there are no up-front costs to the clients, and at the end of the time working together, there will be no surprise hidden fees.
When the case is settled, the attorney will keep an agreed-upon percentage of the full settlement amount. Most personal injury attornys charge a 33% of total settlement fee. Having an attorney on your side will help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve and in most circumstances the settlement will be higher than if you were to proceed on your own.
Do I have to take my car to an “insurance-approved” mechanic?
Should I use social media after I am involved in an accident?
- Check your privacy settings. Make sure your personal information and posts are private.
- Don’t upload photos that may hurt your case. Ensure only your friends are able to see your photo albums.
- Only accept friends requests from people you know personally. You don’t want to give access to personal information to someone working against your claim.
- Be cautious about public groups you join. Avoid groups that could compromise your claim.
- Make your personal profile viewable only by friends.
- Remove your Facebook profile from showing up in Google search results.
- Keep your case private. Don’t post information about an accident, injuries, or photos showing you doing something that could be seen as inconsistent with your claimed injuries.
- Don’t post photos of yourself, especially photos of you doing things as the insurance companies will use these photos to prove that you are not injured.
What happens when I’m injured as a passenger, not a driver, in an auto accident?
Who pays my medical expenses while my claim is pending?
What happens if the at-fault driver doesn’t have enough insurance coverage?
Should I continue to drive my car after a car accident?
What should I do if an adjuster from the “at-fault” driver’s insurance company calls me?
Free Legal Consultation
Sometimes you just need some advice. Tell us how we can help.
All accident, personal injury, and immigration consultations are free and carry no obligation.
Car Accident Question Videos
You have questions. We have answers.
Figuring out the best course of action after a car accident can be intimidating. Without taking the correct steps to protect your rights, you could miss out on a significant sum of money. Our attorneys will go the extra mile to secure the maximum compensation you deserve. Get our free e-book on car accidents. You’ll learn everything you need to know about choosing the right auto injury attorney, dealing with insurance issues, getting medical coverage and more. To discuss the specifics of your case during a free consultation, get in touch with our office.
— Jordan from Yakima.
Download Our Car Accident Crash Book Free
Get help after an accident from accident injury lawyers. This book is full of easy to understand action steps so you can protect yourself or your family.