Kennewick, Washington Personal Injury Attorneys and Car Accident Lawyers
Personal, professional, and proven results
Can I Post About My Car Accident On Social Media?
When we have major things happen in our lives – both good and bad experiences – the first thing many of us want to do is share the experience with friends on social media. However, there are times that sharing on social media can actually be harmful in the long run. If you are involved in an auto accident, we recommend that you turn off your social media accounts for a period of time. If you choose not to do that, we suggest that at the very minimum you take the following steps to protect yourself and your claim:
1. Ensure settings for pictures and personal information are set to private.
2. Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t personally know. You could inadvertently give access to personal information to someone who is working against your claim.
3. Don’t join public groups that could compromise your claim.This includes RSVP-ing to public events. If you’re claiming to be injured but RSVP to that 10K run that’s next week…insurance can use it against you.
4. Ensure your personal profile can only be viewed by friends.
5. Remove your Facebook profile from Google search results.
6. Don’t post photos that could hinder your case. Ensure only your friends can see your photos. albums.
7. Keep all details about your accident and claim private. Don’t post information about the accident or injuries; photos that show you doing something inconsistent with your claimed injuries could lead to a denial from insurance.
The personal injury attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Kennewick know that insurance companies hire attorneys and adjusters to find any possible reason to deny your claim. While it may feel that social media is “private”, it is important to do a privacy check from time to time – especially after an accident.
If you have been injured in a car accident, call Ritchie Reiersen Law today at (509) 396-5577. We can help you find ways to protect your personal information and prevent your claim from being denied.
Our personal injury attorneys have years of experience in helping people after car accidents receive the compensation they deserve. We are ruthless in defending your rights and are dedicated to getting you the help you need. Call us today for a free consultation with one of our compassionate attorneys.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you find yourself involved in an auto accident, take the following precautions to help protect yourself and your claim.
1. Assess for injuries and call an ambulance if needed.
2. Move vehicles off to the side of the road.
3. Call the police.
4. Take pictures of the scene and the vehicles involved.
5. Get witness information and trade insurance and license information with the other driver.
6. Inform your insurance company of the accident.
7. Contact a personal injury attorney right away.
If you have been injured due to the negligent or willful actions of another individual, call Ritchie Reiersen Law today at (509) 396-5577. We will stand by your side with the power you need to get the successful results you deserve.
Ritchie Reiersen accident lawyers are experienced in many different types of car crash cases including:
Why Should I Contact an Attorney Right After an Accident?
There are many benefits that come from contacting an attorney shortly after being involved in a car accident:
● Your memory is clear. Over time memory fades – and with that the details that could make a big difference in your case could be lost. In order to help your claim, it is best to give a clear and concise statement to your attorney right away – including all the details you can remember.
● Receive a larger settlement. While many individuals feel they can save money by handling their own claim, this often ends up being counterproductive. History has shown that an attorney is more likely to negotiate a significantly larger settlement than an individual can on their own – even when factoring in the contingency fee for the attorney.
● Focus on recovery with peace of mind. While you are taking the much-needed time to recover, your attorney is hard at work, getting you the compensation you deserve for the injuries you sustained. You can rest knowing you’re in good hands.
● Statute of limitations has not expired. The clock begins ticking away on the statute of limitations as soon as the accident occurs, limiting the amount of time you have to file a claim.
● Consultation is free. There is no pressure to enter a contract for services when you attend your free consultation. Take the opportunity to ask questions and get honest feedback on your case.
The personal injury attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Kennewick have years of experience helping thousands of victims of car accidents recover the damages they deserve. We know the fine details of the law and have the tools and the knowledge necessary to get the results our clients need. We require no money up front and we don’t get paid unless we win your case for you. Call us today at (509) 396-5577 and let us go to work for you.
Car Accident Question Videos
Free Legal Consultation
Sometimes you just need some advice. Tell us how we can help.
All accident injury and immigration consultations are free and carry no obligation.
“I wish I would have had this book when I was hit 10 years ago. I made so many mistakes and ended up paying for it with long term injuries that weren’t covered, and the regret of looking back at the compensation I should have received for my car, my pain and my time.”
— Jordan from Yakima.
Download Our Car Accident Crash Book Free
Get help after an accident from accident injury lawyers. This book is full of easy to understand action steps so you can protect yourself or your family.
You have questions. We have answers.
Figuring out the best course of action after a car accident can be intimidating. Without taking the correct steps to protect your rights, you could miss out on significant sums of money. Our attorneys will go the extra mile to secure the maximum compensation you deserve. Get our free e-book on car accidents. You’ll learn everything you need to know about choosing the right auto injury attorney, dealing with insurance issues, getting medical coverage and more. To discuss the specifics of your case during a free consultation, get in touch with our office.