I Was Injured in an Auto Accident and Can’t Work. How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help?
Auto accidents and the injuries that come from them can have life-changing impacts. If you find that your life has been turned upside down because of the negligence of another, you need someone on your side who has experience and expertise in car accident claims and who can support you in your needs.
The auto accident attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Selah, Washington have many years of successful experience and have helped clients recover over $25 million in damages. We bring a background of expertise and compassionate care to the table in the fight to get you the compensation you deserve after being injured through no fault of your own.
Soon after being involved in a car accident, the bills begin piling up – almost as fast as the stress does. Medical bills, fees for towing and car rental, the cost of getting your vehicle repaired – it can be a lot to handle. When the injuries you sustained are severe enough that you’re unable to work for some amount of time, this means there is little or no income during the same time the bills are piling up.
If this situation sounds familiar, call Ritchie Reiersen Law in Selah today and meet with one of our compassionate personal injury attorneys. We have been practicing law for many years and have thousands of happy clients to back up our name. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, our philosophy is simple – we strive to treat our clients with the compassion and respect they deserve and empower each individual to feel confident in making the best choices they can for their future.
We have the tools and experience necessary to fully assess the many ways the car accident and injury have made and will continue to make an impact on your life. We will use this information – backed up with evidence from medical records, accident reports, and witness statements – to go to the insurance company with the full list of damages that require compensation. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we don’t give up and we won’t give in to pressure from insurance. We don’t agree to any settlement offers unless you are 100% in agreement with the offer.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and find yourself unable to work, call Ritchie Reiersen Law in Selah today. We understand the stress you’re feeling and we will do everything in our power to get you the help you need. We will fight for your rights and will be relentless in retrieving the maximum settlement for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Unfortunately, car accidents are happening far too often these days. If you’re involved in an auto accident, it’s helpful to know what to do. At Ritchie Reiersen Law in Selah, years of experience helping people pick up their lives after car accidents has taught us there are a few important steps to take:
Assess for injuries. Don’t delay getting medical care. Insurance companies can use any delay in seeking medical care against you in your claim.
- Call the police. Not all collisions require the involvement of police, but having a police accident report can really help when proving fault and negligence.
- Take photos of the scene and the vehicles that are involved, get witness information, and write down your experience with details as soon as possible.
- Never admit fault.
- Notify your insurance carrier about the accident.
- Consider contacting an experienced auto accident attorney. A local car accident attorney can be your best advocate when working through the claims process.
What Is Involved In the Claims Process After An Accident?
If you have been involved in an auto accident, you know how much of a pain in the neck it can quickly become – literally as well as figuratively. It’s always hard to know what to expect in the process of opening a claim. The experienced auto accident attorneys at Ritchie Reiersen Law, we have spent years navigating the insurance claims process. The following list comprises the general steps we feel one would typically be able to expect when working out a claim with insurance after a car accident.
- Open the claim. This can be a simple phone call to begin the process – but usually requires a significant amount of information exchanged via phone calls, fax, and emails. It is also important to have the at-fault driver’s insurance information as well.
- Recorded statements. Insurance companies will want to interview you about the incident and get details from you regarding injuries. They will use the information you provide to help them determine liability. We strongly urge you to only do these recorded interviews in the presence of a lawyer.
- Written correspondence The insurance companies involved will send you mountains of paperwork. Take the time to read through it very carefully. Make sure that you understand what you’re agreeing to prior to signing – such as in the case of their access to your medical records. We have seen settlement amounts be decreased because people didn’t fully understand what they were agreeing to with their signature.
- Settlement offers. Among the important things to keep in mind is that insurance companies are for-profit. We suggest that you not accept a settlement offer until you have determined that it is fair and completely covers your costs related to the car accident.
We will be the first to agree that not all car accidents require getting a personal injury attorney involved. Our goal at Ritchie Reiersen Law in Selah is to make sure each client fully understands the process we will go through and ultimately receives the compensation they deserve – compensation that fully covers their injuries and damages.
We are pleased to offer a free consultation to all prospective clients. This gives you a chance to ask us questions that you may have and allows us the opportunity to give you some feedback on your case.
Please call Ritchie Reiersen Law today to set up your appointment with one of our experienced attorneys. The road ahead after a car accident can be challenging – but you don’t have to do it alone!