What Damages Can I Be Compensated For After a Car Crash?
In the world of insurance, “damages” generally fall into two broad categories:
- Economic Damages include things such as lost wages, medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and property damage. These amounts tend to be fairly straightforward and easily documented.
- Non-economic Damages include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, scarring and disfigurement, loss of quality of life, etc.
When you have been injured in a car accident, it is reasonably easy to determine the economic damages you are entitled to. When individuals choose to handle their claim on their own, insurance companies often offer an early settlement amount that will generally match up with the economic damages. While this may be tempting to accept, be mindful that you are entitled to be compensated for your non-economic damages as well.
An experienced personal injury attorney can easily help you determine what impacts your injury will have on your life and has the tools to assign values for the non-economic damages that you have a right to receive. At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we spend all day every working day helping people who have been injured due to the negligence of others. We know how to work with insurance companies and have a successful history of getting maximum settlements for our clients.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of someone else, call Ritchie Reiersen Law in Sunnyside today. We are pleased to offer a free consultation to give prospective clients the opportunity to share their experience, ask questions, and receive honest feedback from us. Call us today.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured In an Auto Accident?
When you find yourself involved in an auto accident, it is important you take some steps to protect yourself and decrease the possibility of complications with your claim process.
- Don’t be afraid to call for help. An official accident report from police can help establish fault and prove negligence.
- Move your vehicle to the side of the road if possible – for your safety as well as that of the other motorists on the road.
- It is important to remain calm and be mindful of what you say to others.
- Get the other driver’s information. Even if they suggest otherwise, never allow the other car to leave until you have exchanged insurance information with them.
- Never ever admit fault. This will be used against you during the claims process.
- Gather witness information. Witnesses can help corroborate what happened.
- Document the scene and the damage to your vehicle by taking photos.
- Receive medical care right away, and follow the physician’s orders.
- Call Ritchie Reiersen Law. With years of experience, our auto accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Being injured due to the negligence of another person is a very frustrating experience. At Ritchie Reiersen Law in Sunnyside, we know how stressful it can be to try to work with insurance while trying to heal from your injuries.
The insurance company will try to use their many tactics to pay you the least amount possible. Our job is to protect your rights and fight for a fair compensation for the injuries you have sustained.
Call Ritchie Reiersen Law today to schedule an appointment for a free consultation. If you are injured and unable to come to us, we will come to you.
Life can seem very overwhelming when you are injured in a car accident – but you don’t have to take care of everything on your own. Ritchie Reiersen Law has compassionate and dedicated personal injury attorneys ready to help you move forward with confidence.
How Do I Find a Good Personal Injury Attorney to Help With My Car Accident?
Do a Google search for a personal injury attorney and you will have more options listed than you could ever count. How do you know which attorney is going to be honest and trustworthy? How do you know how much they will charge you and if that is a fair amount? When you are looking for an attorney to help you after being involved in a car crash, we recommend you do the following:
- Don’t be afraid to walk away if something doesn’t feel right. If you find that you don’t “click” with one attorney, keep looking. You will want to feel completely at ease with whomever you find to help you.
- Find someone who is passionate about the work they do. You want someone on your team who is going to be excited to do their best for you.
- Read online reviews. People like to share their experiences, so while it may feel tedious, read as many reviews as you can to get a good picture of how previous clients felt about the attorney.
- Make sure they specialize in your type of case. If you had a broken ankle, you wouldn’t see a dentist – you would see an orthopaedic specialist. Likewise, if you have been in an auto accident you don’t need a divorce lawyer – you need a personal injury attorney who specializes in auto accident cases.
- Take advantage of free consultations. This gives you the opportunity to interview the attorney and make sure you feel comfortable working with them.
- Ask for recommendations. Ask friends, family, physicians, and neighbors if they have had any experience with an attorney before.
At Ritchie Reiersen Law, we know how important it is to feel comfortable with and have confidence in your legal team. We understand that our clients come to us because they are facing a difficult time in their life. We honor that challenge and treat our clients with the compassion and respect that we would treat our own family with.
Our overall goal is to help our clients receive the compensation they deserve for the injuries they have sustained. Additionally, we strive to help our clients feel empowered and confident in their ability to make the choices that will help them in the future. If you have been injured in a car accident and are not sure who to see for help, call Ritchie Reiersen Law today. We have the passion and the power needed to get the results you deserve.